How to Spend Your Summer Break

/


Break — “A respite from work, school, or duty.

-Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary

 

I know what you’re thinking, isn’t the summer already halfway over?  Yes, yes it is, but there’s still a huge part of the summer left so if you need any ideas about what to do in your time off from law school, keep reading!

 

1.  Work at a Summer Internship.  So if you’ve read my post about my summer internship this year, you can see what I’ve been spending the majority of my summer doing.  Although I’m working full time this summer, I did only work part time last summer.  Working part time didn’t feel like I lost out on anything.  I could work part time at Banana Republic and still learn more about how the legal system works.

 

2.  Read for Fun!  One of my favorite pastimes is reading.  However, that doesn’t include law school textbooks that are often dry and dense.  Since my time during the school year is occupied by reading textbooks, I don’t get much time to read for fun.  So summer is the perfect time to catch up on the good releases throughout the year.  If you want to see what I’ve been reading, check out my Goodreads account here!

 

3.  Take a vacation/mini-vacay.  The summer is a great time to get away.  Even if your summer internship or job takes up most of your summer, having mini-trips over a four day weekend or even just a day trip.  If you’re in a different city for law school, you might want to use the time to see the sights around your school that you don’t get to see during the school year.

 

4.  Get outside.  One of the greatest things about the summer is the amazing weather, well especially given this year’s winter season.  I love going to local farmer’s markets to get fruit, vegetables, and other home grown/homemade food.  Playing sports and going for walks are also some of my favorite things to do when it’s nice outside.

 

5.  Workout.  During finals season, studying takes over my life and working out takes a backseat to prepping for my exams.  The summer is a great time to get back into your workout routine or even to start one back up.  It’s also a lot easier to even make sure you’re going for a good walk every day since the weather usually is more conducive to working out and even just getting outside.

 

What are your favorite things to do when you’re on summer break from school?  I typically do a combination of all of these things, which makes for a busy yet productive summer!

1 comment:

  1. I need to take the working out portion of this a bit more seriously! But this is great advice for a law school summer. I know I'm loving my summer work!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top