Summer Obsessions

/

 

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”

-Oxford’s English Dictionary

 


Holy moly, it’s October?! Craziness.  I’m a little behind on my obsessions posts but this summer provided me some really great products that I love so much.  A lot of these products are things I use every day or almost every day since I purchased them.  If you decide to try out any of the products in this post, I hope you enjoy them and please share if you do!

 

1.  Oventure Silicone O-Ring by In the Cabana.  I absolutely love my O-ring! I purchased the In the Cabana silicone version because the color is my absolute favorite color.  Initially, I was surprised at how solid the silicone base is because I was expecting a little more of a bendable silicone, which was actually a pleasant surprise. I switched to this from my old metal lanyard that I held my car and house keys on.  This is so much more convenient due to the smaller size and the ease of carrying all of my keys on my arm.  It's also super easy to find in a big bag due to the size and color!  I definitely recommend getting a O-ring to stay more hands-free during the pandemic!  They also carry a hands-free tool that matches the hardware on the o-ring for the perfect set!  Here's a link for 20% off your first order if you want to get one!

 

2.  Mrs.Renfro’s Peach Salsa.  During the summer, I don’t like to eat big lunches so chips and salsa is perfect for a hot summer day.  I found this salsa at my local grocery store and am in love.  It’s made with peaches, but isn’t overly sweet like some fruit based salsas and just has the tiniest hint of sweetness.  I’ve gone through so much of this salsa this summer.  The brand is gluten free and carries various other salsas as well as barbecue sauces, cheese dips, and more.  I highly recommend trying this out!


3.  Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan.  I absolutely loved the entire Crazy Rich Asians series and would love to see more in that series.  When I saw the author released a new novel, I had to read it.  Similarly to Crazy Rich Asians, it focuses on a girl trying to figure out how her culture and her heritage can mesh while also falling in love.  I think it was a little rushed at the end, like the author didn’t want the book to be too long but wanted to wrap up the story with a neat bow.  But I really enjoyed it and thought it was a good beach or quick break read!

 

4.  vitafive Immunity Elderberry Gummy Vitamins.  My immune system can use any help it can get so I decided to try out these vitamins, which contain Vitamin C, Zinc, and Elderberry.  I can’t really say if I find that these have truly boosted my immune system, but I can say there have been times where I thought I was getting my seasonal sinus infection and I didn’t so maybe it has.  But they do taste good, and even though they’re pretty expensive, I think they’re a good addition to my daily vitamin routine.

 

5.  HunterOriginal Flat Heel Calendar Sole Chelsea Boots.  For my birthday, my parents bought me these Hunter rain boots.  My first pair of Hunters are the short original boots and I liked the new style because, like most Chelsea boots, they’re ankle height and look a little more summery.  I love the navy boot with a white sole and pair them with the Chelsea socks that Hunter sells.  Hunter boots are honestly so great for the rain and they look cute too!

 

5.  Torie and Howard Chewie Fruities.  Starbursts are one of my favorite candies, but obviously, they’re extremely sugary.  The Chewie Fruities are basically the organic and more natural version of Starbursts.  They’re made from real fruit juices so they have more natural fruit flavors and are packed full of Vitamin C from fruit.  These have become my go-to non-chocolate candy and they come in three different flavors:  Pomegranate and Nectarine, Blood Orange and Honey, and Meyer Lemon and Raspberry, as well as some sour flavors.  I love getting the assorted flavors pack because then I can have them all!

 

6.  bkr Little Spiked Lulu Kiss Kit.  I got my first bkr bottle in a FabFitFun box a few years ago and really liked how the glass bottle didn’t give water any weird taste and how cute it was.  I really wanted to try bkr’s lip gloss so I decided to get a kiss kit, which includes a bottle, a snap-in cap, and the lip gloss.  It’s a great system because you can keep the lip gloss attached to your water bottle to keep it with you at all times.  And let me just tell you, their gloss is the best thing in the entire world!  It keeps your lips so soft and moisturized and going into the colder seasons, this is a must have.  My only negative is that you have to use your finder to apply it, which is a downside given our current world state.  However, I would so recommend trying it out!

 

7.  Chellsie Memmel’s Adult Gymnastics (Comeback).  When I was in the third grade, I tried gymnastics for a while but didn’t find it to be my thing.  However, I’ve still religiously watched gymnastics when it’s on tv and during the Olympics.  On Instagram, I found Chellsie Memmel, who was on the U.S. Olympic team back in 2008, and is now attempting a comeback for the 2021 Olympics.  She has a YouTube channel where you can follow her journey.  It’s crazy to think that she’s at least twelve years older than a lot of the girls that everyone thought would make up the 2021 Olympic team and she’s training some of her old skills, maybe even better than she did before.

 

8. Peace Out Acne Healing Dots.  Maskne is a huge deal for pretty much all of us lately because of having to wear a mask outside every day.  I bought these at Sephora because of maskne and the fact I get pimples during that time of the month.  I actually really like these dots and found they really helped to decrease the visibility and size of my pimples.  They are kinda expensive, but Sephora does sell their own brand version for about half of the price.

 

9.  Maison No. 9 Wine Rosé.  Post Malone created a wine and I love it.  I’m a huge rosé person and it’s pretty much the only wine I drink.  This is a light wine that’s not too sweet and not too dry.  And the bottle is super pretty so it looks great as décor too!  Honestly, it’s probably my favorite rosé ever, but the only downside is it’s not available everywhere and in that great of quantities.  I really hope he releases another round of it because I really enjoy it!

 

10.  folklore by Taylor Swift.  Last, but certainly not least, I have to give a spot on my summer obsessions list for the queen T Swift.  Talk about being productive in quarantine, girl wrote an entire album and released a music video!  I may or may not have preordered the album as soon as you could and stayed up until 1 am listening to the album when it released.  Red was my absolute favorite era of Taylor Swift and am so excited that this new album exuded everything I loved about Red and Taylor’s voice in that album.  I honestly can’t even pick a least favorite on that album, but I can say my favorite is betty (I just love the harmonica and the entire vibe of that song).  I think Taylor’s storytelling in this album is brilliant and I’ve been listening to this album nonstop since it was released and have not grown tired of it yet.

 

I hope you’re all doing well and still staying safe.  Let me know if you try out any of these and what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top