Bar Prep Study Schedule

/

Schedule — a procedural plan that indicates the time and sequence of each operation.”

-Merriam-Webster Dictionary

 


I’m back again with another post on bar prep!  If you’re taking the bar exam this summer, you’ve probably been on your bar prep journey for a bit.  It was about this time two years ago when during a lecture break, someone asked me if I studied at my apartment after lectures because I left the law school right after the lecture.  I was surprised that was even a question because of course I was studying, just not at the law school.  I tell you this because your bar prep schedule/habits should be your own and not based on how anyone else did, or is doing, their bar prep.  But I found it helpful when I first started studying to hear about other people’s bar prep routines and schedules so I wanted to share my own schedule.

 

 

Weekday (Lecture)

Weekend

Weekday (Non-Lecture)

7:30

Wake Up /

Breakfast / Drive

 

Wake Up / Breakfast

8:00

Wake Up / Breakfast

9:00

Barbri Lecture

Study

10:00

Review

11:00

12:00

Lunch / Break

1:00

2:00

Lunch / Break

Lunch / Break

3:00

Study

4:00

Review

Review

5:00

Dinner

Dinner

Dinner

6:00

Study / Prep

Study / Review

Study / Prep

7:00

8:00

9:00

10:00

11:00

Relax

Relax

12:00

Bed

Bed

Bed

 

I personally have always done better with studying when I was fresh when I was studying instead of studying for eight hours straight.  So every day, I built a decent break into my study schedule.  I’ve also always studied or done my homework at night, which I kept doing for bar prep too.  I’ve summarized my general timeline for each of the days in bar prep, with three major categories:  weekday (lecture), weekday (non-lecture), and weekends.

 

Of course, two years ago, bar prep was slightly different because in-person lectures were the norm for Barbri.  As a class administrator, I ran the lectures and had to be at the law school prior to the lecture.  I enjoyed in-person classes (which are live-streamed) because it forced me to get up by a certain time and felt more like a required law school class so I didn’t think I could skip and watch at a later time.  I followed the Barbri study schedule pretty closely with what I did each day.  Of course, some days I didn’t get to all of the assignments in one day and would push some to the next day.  So on my sample schedule, Study included the MBE questions, essay questions, reviewing outlines, and going over flashcards.  Review included the Barbri Knowledge Check, making flash cards, and reviewing my class notes.  I personally tried to focus on the easier assignments first and then do the harder assignments after I had gained some confidence about my knowledge.

 

As I mentioned in prior bar prep posts, I studied pretty much every day of the summer (except Memorial Day and July 4th).  But I definitely didn’t study for 6-8 hours every single day; there were days I only did one or two hours of studying.  Others I know studied every day for longer and took one day off from studying a week.  Personally, I found doing bar prep related things every day, even if not intensely or as in depth, helped my anxieties related to the exam.  I definitely felt like I wasn’t doing enough in the beginning of the summer, but I studied more each day closer and closer to the exam.  As I went through the assignments, I would give myself a mini 5-minute break every 20-30 minutes so I really didn’t study straight for hours on end.  I definitely think knowing how and when you study is the best for you will really help in developing your own study schedule.

 

Hopefully, some of this was helpful for you!  Good luck in your studying and feel free to reach out with any questions about my processes and the actual exam!

 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work! FYI, How to know if your dog is having a heat stroke , IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card review
    , The Charismatic Charlie Wade by Lord Leaf Download,10 lines on my ambition in life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing a research paper Studies on small sae foreign policy draw rather bleak conclusions when it comes to smaller sae agency. It is fashionable to assert that smaller seas should be agile, Laely. Heiracions, in particular, should be based on his strategic maneuverability or the advantage of a risky aDissertation writers UK  environment. Te rend owards agiliy was born in a post-Cold War environment in which economic independence was a conex where saes devised their economic growth strategies. These strategic recommendations, however, may be inapplicable to changing any geopolitical environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the post you have shared here. Good work. Please keep it up.
    Sale, Sale, Sale!
    Hey students, avail you of the Biggest Christmas Sale on Assignments from highly qualified and skilled professional experts. Those students who want an A+ score in your university project grab the unbelievable Offer from AssignmentTask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I enjoyed reading your post!"
    Looking for help with editing and proofreading your assignments? Study Assignment Help for Editing is the most reliable website for students in the UK. Our editing and proofreading services are created to enhance the quality of your work. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact us at studyassignmenthelp.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “I like the post you have shared here. Good work. Please keep it up”
    Are you searching for MBA assignment help online in UK? Hire the best MBA assignment helpers to write your MBA assignments to secure an A+ grade. AssignmentTask UK is a trusted website for students. For more details, please visit online.
    Also Checkout: Top Social Studies Topics for Good Academic Score

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I enjoyed reading your post!"
    If you want to improve the quality of your academic work for better grades, Study Assignment Help is here to provide you with top-notch editing and proofreading services. Our editors and proofreaders will ensure your work is error-free, well-researched, original, and free from grammar mistakes or plagiarism. Don't hesitate to contact Study Assignment Editing help for students. Place your order.

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top