Winter Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


This year definitely did not start the way anyone anticipated, and I hope you and your family are all doing well and social distancing.  In case you’re going a little stir crazy while social distancing, I’ve complied my favorites from the past few months and I hope you can enjoy some of them in the near future.

1.  Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.  Confessions of a Shopaholic has been one of my favorite book series for the longest time (the movie did not do the books justice).  This latest installment follows Becky Brandon (neé Bloomwood) and her hilarious gang of family and friends as they navigate planning a family Christmas, an ex-boyfriend, and all the shenanigans Becky brings upon herself.  I love how Sophie Kinsella can bring in humor to situations a lot of people find themselves in and still create an enjoyable tale about family and what really matters.  Even though Christmas season has passed, this is definitely a good read if you need a good laugh during quarantine.


2.  tarte jelly glaze lip mask in grapefruit.  I’m definitely team lip gloss over team lipstick and this lip mask is no exception.  Tarte just released this lip mask in three colors/flavors; I got the grapefruit which gives the lightest coral tint to your lips.  I also think it does make your lips slightly softer after wearing which is great if winter made your lips get really chapped.  Definitely a great addition to your makeup bag!




3.  Republic of Tea Apple Cider Vinegar Single Sips.  Many of my family friends swear by apple cider vinegar to help with digestion and their overall health.  I’ve had stomach issues almost my entire life but I can’t really get over the smell of apple cider vinegar.  When I was in Paper Source, one of my favorite stores, I saw this alternative to actually drinking apple cider vinegar and I thought I would try it.  The flavor is cranberry hibiscus and it tastes like smarties but less sweet.  Honestly, I couldn’t even taste apple cider vinegar but I did notice it helped my digestion after I drank it.  The only downside is it’s relatively expensive as 14 single packets are $20 but if apple cider vinegar isn’t your thing and you still want the benefits, I would give it a try!  (You can also get it at Paper Source when it’s on sale.)


4.  Athleta Zion Microfleece ½ Zip.  Because I can’t go in to work due to the coronavirus pandemic, athleisure is my daily wardrobe.  I bought this ½ zip in mid—February and have been wearing it almost every day since.  It’s a mixed media jacket; the bottom is fleece and the top is a windbreaker material; and has a hood for when it gets a little cooler.  I love the colors because blue is my favorite color.  It’s a great jacket to wear after a workout class or just around instead of a sweatshirt.  Also, it’s currently on sale and another 30% off!



5.  tarte Maracuja Tinted Hydrator.  In addition to my tarte lip mask, I also bought this tinted hydrator because my prior bb cream is no longer being sold and this is brand new.  I tried this out in the shade 13N, fair light neutral, and I have to say this is great if you like light coverage that even outs your skin tone.  It isn’t very heavy and is breathable.  It will definitely be added to my normal makeup routine and if you want to try it out, it comes in a sample size to try it out before buying a full size.



6.  Tiger King:  Murder, Mayhem, and Madness.  Of course I couldn’t end this post without mentioning the biggest hit Netflix show of the year, Tiger King.  I saw so many posts about this before I actually watched any of it and I have to say, I’m in love with it.  In case you haven’t heard anything about the series, it follows a group of big cat owners across the US whose lives are intertwined.  As a lawyer, I enjoyed a lot of the legal troubles that the main players, i.e. the mysterious disappearance of one of the main player’s husband, copyright infringement suit, the legality of owning big cats and the surrounding legislation, and the investigation of a murder for hire plot.  The first time I watched a commercial for the show, I thought it was a scripted series because of the craziness.  I wish there would have been more discussion of some of the subplots because it felt like a lot of the issues were kinda glossed over but definitely a recommended show to watch!  And if you need a free month of Netflix, use this link!

Please, please stay safe and if you can stay home to ensure minimize the impacts of this virus on our lives.  Let me know what you’re doing to stay sane and pass the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top