May Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


Summer vacay is finally here!  May feels like it went by super quick between finishing up finals, working a few shifts at Banana, and the starting my summer internship.  But I’ve discovered some great things this month!

1.  Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan.  I have heard about this book for a while, but never actually picked it up.  However, I saw the commercial for the upcoming movie adaptation (coming out in August) and I had to read the book.  I really didn’t know what to expect from the title, but the gist is an unknowing American goes on vacation with her boyfriend to his home country of Singapore.  What she doesn’t know is her boyfriend’s family is one of the richest in Singapore.  It’s an exciting read and makes me even more excited to see if the movie can do it justice.  Definitely pick this up if you’re looking for a good beach read!

2.  Old Navy Mid-Rise Tencel® Utility Shorts.  I love Old Navy’s short selection and I had my eye on these shorts for a few months.  Now that it’s warm enough to wear shorts, I’ve been loving these shorts.  They’re soft and comfortable but look a little nicer than regular jean shorts.  Best of all, they’re currently on sale for $12.50!

3.  Simply Lemonade.  If one drink screams summer to me, it’s lemonade.  I definitely prefer homemade lemonade, but when I don’t have time to make it, this is definitely the best alternative.  As the name indicates, it’s just lemonade.  There’s no artificial flavoring and there’s even lemon pulp in it, which in my opinion separates amazing lemonades from okay lemonades.  I give this two thumbs up if you want a cool and refreshing drink.

4.  Adulting:  How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 535 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown.  I’ll admit, I’m definitely the type of person who finds that adulting is hard.  So when I saw this book in Target, I made my mom buy me this as a “End of Your 2L Year/Beginning of Your 2L Summer Internship” gift.  It has tips on everything from putting together a great shopping list to how to act professional in your career.  I’d definitely recommend this book if you feel like you don’t know how to do this whole adult thing or you need a graduation gift for someone.

5.  Starting My Summer Internship.  In law school, the start of summer vacation doesn’t equal days laying out by the pool because of the joys of summer internships.  However, I’m super excited for my summer internship and I’ll tell you more about it next week!

What makes you feel like it’s truly summer?  I’d love to try them out myself!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post.I would like share this with to QandA and i'm sure that its very helpful for them

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top