FabFitFun Fall 2018 Box

/

Fall — The season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice.
-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary

I know the fall season is well in full swing, and actually for FabFitFun, it’s ending this week!  I’ve also had a chance to really utilize and think about what I got in this season’s box.  In case you don’t know anything about FabFitFun, it’s a quarterly subscription box that has about 8-10 full size products in each box for only $49.99 a quarter.  And even better, if you read until the end, I have a code for you to use to get $10 off a box!  Okay, so enough of the intro stuff, keep reading for my review of the items in the Fall box.

Vince Camuto Luck Tote in Red Desert (retail value:  $128.00)


Right off the bat, I’d like to address the price of this bag.  Do I think it’s worth $128?  Probably not, but considering it’s one out of nine full price items I paid $45 for, I’m not upset with it.  I actually really like the color scheme of this bag and think it’s the perfect tote to take to work or to class.  It doesn’t seem like it will fit a lot of stuff but I’ve fit a notebook, folder, casebook, planner, wallet, and pencil case in it so I definitely think it does.  It’s a really great fall bag and I’m not super concerned that it will get messed up.  This item was actually a choice item between this bag in Black or the Crown Brush 6 Piece Set in Rose Gold or Silver (retail value:  $75.00).  I’m super partial to Real Techniques and Sonia Kashuk brushes so I didn’t choose the brushes and I loved the brown color.

Alfred Teapot (retail value:  $26.00)


I do not drink coffee ever so when I had the choice between this teapot and the Alfred French Press (retail value:  $22.00), of course I chose the teapot.  I also love drinking tea so I wasn’t mad about this choice at all.  I actually had a glass steeping teapot before but I had to get rid of it because it got messed up from use.  This teapot is definitely better though because it is so adorable and works great as a decoration in my kitchen.  Don’t get this confused with a tea kettle, which is the one that you put on your stove to boil water; this is what you steep your tea in after you boil the water.  It also comes with a strainer that fits in the middle of the teapot if you’re using loose leaf tea.  I love this item!

Catherine Malandrino Umbrella in Red Floral (retail value:  $39.99)

Ugh, I don’t know how FabFitFun knew that this would come in so handy this year because it rained so much this fall where I live so an umbrella was perfect.  This choice item allowed subscribers to pick between a white or red umbrella or a pair of black or white Cylo Cobra Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds (retail value:  $40.00).  I really love the red floral pattern of this umbrella so it’s one that you won’t lose in the mess of stuff, which I’m prone to doing.  It has a really large diameter which is great when you’re sharing an umbrella with someone else and you’ll look super cute using it!

Grown Alchemist Polishing Facial Exfoliant:  Pink Grapefruit & Glucomannan Extract (retail value:  $67.00)

Select members had the choice between three Grown Alchemist products:  this facial exfoliant, the Hydra-Repair Day Cream:  Camellia & Geranium Blossom (retail value:  $49.00), or the Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser:  Olive Leaf & Plantago Extract (retail value:  $49.00).  I feel like I've gotten so many exfoliators from FFF, but I didn't really want any more hand creams or any more cleansers so I went with this one.  I'm actually really glad I did because I really like this exfoliator.  The smell is really clean and refreshing, and the actual exfoliant isn't abrasive and left my face feeling really soft.  I think the best comparison of this product is the ExfoliaKate, which was in last year's winter box, only I really like the smell of this one better.  I don't know if I like this enough to pay $67 for another tube of it but hopefully this will last a pretty long time.

Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream (retail value:  $38.00)

Under-eye bags are something that I have dealt with for the longest time so under-eye creams are a definite must for me.  I prefer that my eye creams don’t have much scent or aren’t really thick creams.  This product fits those two criteria so it’s become a staple in my moisturizing routine.  I also adore the container of this cream; it’s a glass jar with a wooden lid.  Between the on-point packaging and how great it feels underneath the eyes makes this a definite win in my book.  Select members could choose between this eye cream, Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil Lipstick Duo in “Penny” (retail value:  $24.99), or Cuccio Somatology Yogahhh! Detox Bath (retail value:  $39.95).

beautyblender® (retail value:  $20.00)

I have wanted to try using a beautyblender for the longest time so this was such a great addition to the fall box.  I’ve tried the white triangle sponges that you can get from Ulta and almost preferred using my fingers to apply BB Cream and concealer.  However, using a wet beautyblender to apply makeup is amazing!  It doesn’t even look like I have any makeup on when I use this.  I also redeemed points at Sephora to get a liquid beautycleanser to keep my beautyblender clean.  So highly pleased with this item!

GlamGlow® Bubblesheet™ Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Masks (2-Pack) (retail value:  $18.00)

Look at FFF killing it with the good beauty brands.  I’ve only ever tried the GlowStarter by GlamGlow so I wasn’t sure what to expect from their masks.  These masks are so interesting because it’s a bubble mask in sheet form.  After using this mask, my face felt very hydrated and soft.  I think the bubble effect makes masking a super fun and unique experience.

Simply Whimsical Tea Towels (retail value:  $14.99)

Tea towels are definitely a necessity in any adult’s kitchen.  Cotton tea towels fit this requirement perfectly, which these tea towels are.  They dry off silverware, plates, and the like extremely well without leaving a lot of water on the dishes.  I think it was a great choice for FFF to include a neutral color like grey in this super cute chevron pattern since it can go with a lot of different kitchen schemes.  Especially since towels can get gross pretty quickly, it’s always nice to have a spare set laying around for when you need them.

Skin and Co Roma Blue in Capri (retail value:  $22.00)

Even though you can’t really tell by the name of this product, it’s a shower gel.  So this is probably the only disappointing product in this box for me.  I don’t use shower gels ever so I actually haven’t tried this product out.  I know, I know, I’m writing a review and didn’t even try one product.  But honestly, I would rather keep this product sealed and be able to donate it or give it to someone who would use it more than I will.  And as I mentioned before, this is only one product out of nine that wasn’t a success for me so I can’t really fault FFF for this one. 

Luna Rica Bar (sponsored item)



Fall Add-Ons (extra cost – at a discount)


Total Retail Value:  $337.99

Overall, I was super impressed with this box curation.  Each box also comes with a magazine summarizing the different product variations in the box and some seasonal articles to get you in the mood for each season.  The Add-Ons and Customization open this week for the Winter box, so if you want to try out a FabFitFun box, use this link to get $10 off your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top