December Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


Happy New Year!  Before we get too far into 2019, I wanted to share what caught my eye during the last month of 2018.  Between finals, vacation, and the holidays, this month went by so quickly that I’m surprised that I could find things to talk about!

1.  Life of the Party.  Melissa McCarthy has been one of my favorite actresses since her days playing Sookie St. James on Gilmore Girls, and her transition to the big screen did not disappoint.  I know this film came out in theaters a few months ago, but I always wait until a film is at the library or on Redbox when I can watch it without paying a lot.  Her latest film reminds me a lot of House Bunny, where a down on her luck leading lady goes to college to try something new and in the process reinvents herself and has some great fun as well.  The major difference in the movies is that Melissa’s character goes back to finish her senior year, where she joins her daughter at college.  This movie was hilarious and even my dad liked it (who typically hates the movies my mom and I pick out to watch).

2.  Fuller House Season 4 (Netflix).  I probably write about this every single there’s a new season of Fuller House that Netflix releases but I really did enjoy this season of Fuller House.  I loved Stephanie and Kimmy’s storyline and how close they became.  Of course, Juan Pablo as Fernando stole most of the show and I didn’t feel as though the writers attempted to have the rest of the original cast come back every episode as it seemed they would with Season 3’s ending.  Honestly, as long as Netflix keeps making seasons of Fuller House, I’ll keep watching.  Bonus:  Netflix released a New Year’s special episode that I’m holding on to watch so I don’t miss the Tanner-Fuller gang for so long until the next season.

3.  The Dew Edit Scrunchies.  Kaitlyn Bristowe is probably one of my favorite Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants (besides Jason and Blake because have you seen them??).  She started a line of scrunchies this year that definitely bring back all of the vibes of the 1990s/early 2000s, and I’m so here for it.  I finally got my hands on a navy velvet one from her Winter edit and it lived up to my expectations.  I love how cute it looks topping off my messy buns and how it is kinder to my hair than normal hair ties.  She’s hinted her newest edit will come out in February so sign up for her newsletter if you want to snag one!

4.  Victor and Roth Bon Bon Perfume.  Prada Candy has been my go to perfume since I got it last year for Christmas so I haven’t been looking for a new scent lately.  But the salespeople at Ulta recommended that scent to my mom, and she bought it for me for Christmas.  It’s more of a sweeter scent, like Prada Candy, but is a little more grown-up.  Definitely a good one to check out if you’re looking for a new perfume.

5.  kate spade new york burgess street hazel.  Another kate spade bag, I know, I know.  I’ve looked for a statement handbag for a few months, and this one kept popping up but I couldn’t justify spending full price on this beauty.  Kate Spade had an End of the Year sale, where this bag was on sale for over half off so of course, I had to buy it.  I love the rose gold color of this bag and the sparkles covering this bag.  Even though it’s more of a statement handbag, I’ve been using it as an everyday cross body and I love it!  If you’re looking for something to spend your gift money on, I’d suggest checking this one out!

And of course, my final obsession was the year 2018.  While it was a stressful one, I’ve had some great opportunities that have shown me that I’m on the right career path and have just been fun.  I hope you all had a great 2018 and that you all have an amazing 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top