Dressing the Part: Class Apparel

/

Wardrobe — “A collection of wearing apparel (as of one person or for one activity).”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary





Since I've blogged about what my legal wardrobe for interviews and internships consists of, I thought I’d give some insight on what I personally like to wear to class and find is the best for class.  Honestly, after wearing uniforms for 12 years of my life prior to college, I still find it super hard to figure out what to wear every day.  So I usually try to find the easiest things to wear to class every day.  I feel like Kate Sanders would totally call me an outfit repeater since I wear the same thing all the time.

Law school is the only place where people in full suits, bus casual, jeans, and athleisure that are all doing the same thing 👩🏼‍⚖️#lawschool
Business Professional

A stereotype of law school is that everyone wears a suit to class in law school.  However, I don’t wear business professional every day to class, and neither does anyone else at my school.  I only wear a suit to school if I have an OCI or something special to go to after school, like a court observation, etc.  Some people wear business professional if they’re going to an internship after their classes for the day, but that’s about it.  If you’d like to see what my go-to business professional clothes are, check out my article here!

Business Casual

You’ll probably more likely see me in business casual during the school week if I have an event to go, such as a panel or a professional meeting with a professor.  I’ll pick some of the more casual items from my basic legal wardrobe post, like a fashion blazer.  But I’d probably say that the business casual that I wear for school isn’t a true business causal.  Typically, I’ll pair that with a basic woven cami and a pair of dark jeans with flats.  Another one of my go to business casual outfits is pairing a cute top with fashion pants or chinos and flats.  Then I look more dressed up without looking too much like I have an interview.

Casual

Typically, I wear a mix of casual and athleisure every day to class.  One of my favorite things to wear to class is a tshirt dress.  I always wear spandex under my dresses so I don’t end up flashing anyone walking up the stairs.  I’ve gotten my dresses from Francesca’s, Forever21, Gap, etc.  I also love wearing jeans with either t-shirts or casual tops, like flannels and other button up shirts, from Banana Republic.  As the weather gets colder, I love wearing oversized sweaters over my skinny jeans or even leggings.

Athleisure

Probably my favorite things to wear to class fall under the category of athleisure.  I love wearing leggings with longer shirts to class.  I love feeling comfortable at school since it’s a lot of sitting.  Athleisure always make me feel a little more put together than wearing a regular tshirt and running shorts.  Athleta is one of my favorite places to find cute workout clothes; however, they can be a little pricey.  For more affordable clothes, I like the Under Armour Studio Luxe line from the Under Armour outlet.  Honestly, I’ve had people ask if I go to the gym after class every day because I usually wear athleisure.  However, I try not to wear it two days in a row so I’ll switch it up with a cute casual outfit.

No matter what I wear to class, I always wear a sweater or long sleeves because my law school is always freezing regardless of the time of year.  What’s your go-to class outfit?



5 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic.ตัดสูท

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scams abound in the work from home sector. This article tells you what to avoid and what to jump at. There are legitimate companies out there and many people enjoy the benefits mystery shopping brings. leather jacket for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. For ladies, limited time clothing incorporates shirts, polo shirts, coats, and tank tops which likewise have organization logo or name weaved or imprinted on the left chest part of the product. boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackets are a vital part of every man's wardrobe. Men need jackets for several occasions and several weather conditions. When going to buy a mens jacket in an online shop or in a retail store, a person can find jackets of different styles, designs and fabrics. purple bomber jackets

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this great design of things you’ll receive an A just for effort. Where you actually confused us was in your facts. You know, they say, details make or break the argument.. And it couldn’t be more accurate here. Having said that, let me reveal to you just what exactly did deliver the results. The writing can be pretty persuasive and that is possibly the reason why I am taking the effort to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, although I can easily notice the jumps in logic you make, I am definitely not convinced of just how you appear to connect your ideas that produce the actual conclusion. For right now I will subscribe to your position however wish in the near future you actually connect your dots much better. Best Hosting Sites

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top