FabFitFun Winter 2018 Box

/

Winter — The season between autumn and spring comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of December, January, and February or as reckoned astronomically extending from the December solstice to the March equinox.

-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary


It’s crazy to even think anyone is preparing for spring since it’s been snowing and freezing where I live for the past few weeks.  But FabFitFun is taking a cue from Punxsutawney Phil about spring happening sooner than later because Spring Add-Ons and Customization happen this week for FFF!  So, in case you’re considering whether it is worth it to subscribe, I’ve reviewed my Winter 2018 FabFitFun box.  And if you don’t know anything about FabFitFun, it’s a quarterly subscription box that has between 8-10 full size products in each box for only $49.99 a quarter.  And even better, if you read until the end, I have a code for you to use to get $10 off a box!  Okay, so enough of the intro stuff, keep reading for my review of the items in the Winter 2018 box.

Mark & Graham Colorblock Throw in Natural/Ivory (retail value:  $49.00)



Williams Sonoma is one of my favorite stores to go to in order to waste time; I love their kitchen stuff and their home wares.  I was so excited to see one of their fellow brands featured in the winter box with this colorblock throw.  It’s not a super heavy blanket but gives enough coverage that it’s a great couch throw.  All members could pick between the natural/ivory color or the grey/ivory color of this blanket.  I picked the natural/ivory color because it matches my couch and blends in well with the colors of my living room.  I also think the colorblocking of the throw sets it apart from a lot of other blankets, and it’s become a staple in my living room since I received the winter box.

BearPaw Combo Set:  Headband and Pop-Top Glove Duo (retail value:  $45.00)


The second customization item for all members in the Winter box was to pick between this headband and glove combo or the Moroccan Gold Series Treatment Mask (retail value:  $49.00).  My hair is pretty fine so I don’t really like weighing it down with conditioners or hair masks so I didn’t pick the mask.  I also love wearing headbands when it’s cold outside instead of hats because I frequently wear my hair in ponytails or in braids, which don’t look that cute with hats.  This one has a really cute contrast between the black fabric and the cream Sherpa on the inside.  The gloves are definitely not my favorite gloves/mittens I own because when they’re in the mitten position, the seam is a little tight around my fingers.  I also got a teddy coat for Christmas that looks so cute with this set so I’m super happy I picked this set.

Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo (retail value:  $44.00)

Dry shampoo saves my life every day and I go through it so quickly.  Naturally, when I got the chance to try this $40 dry shampoo cheap, of course I picked it over the H Halston Jewelry Portfolio (retail value:  $48.00) or the Lele Sadoughi Silver Circle Necklace (retail value:  $49.00).  I read a lot of reviews of this product that really liked it so I was convinced to try it out.  However, I wasn’t super impressed with this dry shampoo and definitely think it’s not worth paying $44.00 for it.  Batiste dry shampoo is my all-time favorite, and the Oribe one is no match for Batiste.  I found that it didn’t soak up the oils at my roots, which I require a dry shampoo to be able to do.  I’m not upset I picked this choice though because it smells pretty nice and works as more of a volume spray for me instead of a dry shampoo.

Richer Poorer Reina Over the Knee Textured Sock (retail value:  $24.00)

I really need to stop buying more socks because I have a surplus of them, and they don’t all fit in my drawer but I can’t help myself.  I picked these socks over the Sherrie Matthews Acupuncture Jade Stone Roller (retail value:  $45.00) or the PÃœR Be Your Selfie Palette (retail value:  $36.00) because I have so many eyeshadow palettes and jade rollers aren’t really my thing.  I love over the knee socks with my riding boots and the color is a nice neutral color that goes with a lot of different outfits.  The only negative about these is that two socks aren’t even with length or tightness.  I think washing them and drying them in the dryer might fix that problem but even so, they’re still really cute.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in “Meringue" (retail value:  $26.00)

Makeup is a huge part of the FFF boxes, but this customization allowed select members to pic between this lipstick, the Chic & Tonic I’ll Coast to That! 4-Piece Coaster Set (retail value:  $18.00), Brooke Burke Body Sliders (retail value:  $18.00), or a mystery item.  I went for the lipstick because the coasters didn’t seem that great of quality and I already have a set and I also had just bought body sliders from Barre3 right before customization opened for FFF.  The color of this lipstick is a nice light pink that is a very flattering color, and it smells pretty great too.  I love how FFF is starting to include more products that you can buy in traditional retailers like Sephora and Anthropologie.  This is a great addition to my makeup bag.

Anthropologie X Mer-Sea & Co. Sea Whip Body Cream in “Coconut Sugar” (retail value:  $24.00)

This body cream has to be the dark horse of the winter box.  Select members had the option to choose between this body cream or the Way of Will Elevate Essential Oil Set:  Sweet Orange & Eucalyptus Oil (retail value:  $31.00).  I have a lot of body/hand creams so I wasn’t sure about getting another one, but the essential oil set isn’t really my thing.  Oh my goodness, this body cream is the best lotion/cream that I’ve received from FabFitFun.  It has a light coconut smell that smells divine and really soaks into the skin to make it super moisturized and soft.  The price is a little steep, but it’s in line with prices of other items in Anthropologie.

Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener™ (retail value:  $24.00)

This is also one of my favorite items in the winter box and I’ve used it consistently since I received it.  I use it mainly on my waterline and on the inner corner of my eyes, even if I’m not wearing a lot of makeup for the day.  I find that my eyes actually do look a lot brighter than without it.  It’s a nice light highlighter color that will definitely look good on a lot of people.  It also has a built in sharpener for when it becomes too dull.  I’ll probably consider purchasing a new one when I run out of this one!

AHAVA Hydration Cream Mask (retail value:  $33.00)

I feel like I have so much skincare from my FabFitFun boxes so when I get another one, I feel bad since I haven’t used up all of my previous ones.  This one is a little different because it’s more of a mask than an exfoliator or scrub.  AHAVA recommends using it either as a mask that you wash off after a few minutes or you can wear it overnight as a night mask.  I’ve used it both ways and I find that it makes my skin super soft and very hydrated.  As a night mask, I liked that it wasn’t too goopy and felt like my skin absorbed it very well so I didn’t get it all over my pillow when I was sleeping.

BLAQ Hydrogel Eye Mask with Hyaluronic Acid (retail value:  $29.00)

Eye masks are one of my favorite skin care items so I was pleasantly surprised when FFF included a pack of eye masks in this box.  I actually ended up purchasing a set of eye masks in add-ons since I didn’t know these were in the box, but I definitely like these ones better than the ones from add-ons.  These make my under eyes feel super hydrated without having that tingly sensation that some of the masks with different acids have.  I did find that these kinda slid off of my under eyes while I was wearing them.  But overall, I really like them!

Winter Add-Ons (extra cost – at a discount)

Total Retail Value:  $298.00

Overall, I felt like the products were all very cozy and wintery to make the perfect winter curated box.  Each box also comes with a magazine summarizing the different product variations in the box and some seasonal articles to get you in the mood for each season.  The Add-Ons and Customization open this week for the Spring 2019 box, so if you want to try out a FabFitFun box, use this link to get $10 off your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top