December Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary



Wow, I was really bad about posting in December and I actually had the whole month planned out as well, with articles about how to spend your Christmas break and what to get law students for Christmas.  But I guess I took my advice on how to spend Christmas break way too literally with the whole do nothing thing.  But I thought I'd post one last time for 2017 about what I fell in love with during the month of December during my short break from blogging. (Spoiler Alert: A lot of these were Christmas presents I received from my family and friends.)

1. Nordstrom.  Through my blog, you probably have learned a lot about things that I've never done or things I haven't done in awhile.  One of those things was shopping at Nordstrom.  My mom used to shop there when I was younger but I personally had never purchased anything there before.  However, this year opened my eyes to the wonder that is Nordstrom.  I always get pajamas from my parents as a Christmas Eve present and this year, I picked out Kate Spade pjs, and they're silky and don't make me overheat under my twenty blankets on my bed.  My mom also bought me this pair of booties (and she bought herself a very similar pair) and this backrest pillow because I've never had one and it’ll make reading on my bed way more comfortable.   We also got something for my dad from Nordstrom so it's safe to say it's now my favorite store!

2.  Bose SoundLink Revolve Portable Bluetooth Speaker.  This was really my surprise gift this year.  My mom had asked me if I wanted a speaker for my apartment, and I wasn't really sure if I'd have a use for one since I already have an older iHome.  She bought me this one anyway because it's Bluetooth capable, has great sound quality, and she was planning on keeping it if I didn't like it.  However, in the past week that I've had it, I'm really enjoying using it for watching Netflix and YouTube on my phone in addition to music since the sound quality is amazing.  Maybe I'll have to get her her own next year for Christmas since she loves mine so much (don't worry, she got spoiled with Williams Sonoma gifts this year!).

3.  Prada Candy Perfume.  I got this perfume as a gift from a family friend, and let me tell you, it smells delicious!  It's more of a sweet perfume, but not sickly sweet with hints of vanilla and musk.  I also find that the scent stays all day and doesn't transform into a weird smell after wearing it throughout the day.  I would definitely recommend getting a rollerball too if you don't go through perfume very quickly. 

4.  Fuller House Season 3 Part 2.  As I said in my September Obsessions, I absolutely love Full House and its sequel Fuller House.  I actually am really enjoying the storylines this season as the OG squad is figuring out their love lives, work, and other personal issues.  It might be just my opinion, but I don't think the show would be as good if Michelle had returned in the sequel.  The dynamics between DJ, Steph, and Kimmy are perfect, and Michelle would have thrown in an extra character who didn't need to be there.

5.  A Wonderful 2017!  I can't believe it's already the end of 2017, it seems like this year really flew by.  I've completed half of law school already, had a great summer internship, and had a fantastic time writing posts for this little blog of mine.  I got to spend a lot of time with my family and close friends this year, which is so important to me.  


So there you have it, my mini recap of what I got for Christmas and my favs during December! Have a safe and heathy New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top