FabFitFun Winter 2017

/

Winter — “The season between autumn and spring comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of December, January, and February or as reckoned astronomically extending from the December solstice to the March equinox.
-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary



I had a superb plan to post this on the first day of winter back in December, but being on break really got the best of me.  However, I’m here today with my review of the Winter FabFitFun box!  If you haven’t heard about FabFitFun before, it’s a quarterly subscription box that comes with about 7-10 full size items, all for $49.99 a quarter, but if you click this link, you’ll get $10 off your first box!  And trust me, it’s a great deal.  To see the types of items you can get in the box, check out my prior unboxings.  So, without further ado, here’s my review of the Winter 2017 FabFitFun box!


BB Dakota Poncho in Black (retail value:  $70.00)


So I couldn’t find the poncho on the BB Dakota website, but you can probably find the poncho online at Poshmark or maybe ThredUp.  I really have been loving this poncho ever since I got it.  At first when they announced it, I was a little disappointed since every single box I’ve received had something like this in it.  However, it’s super stylish and I’ve found multiple different outfits to wear it with so I have definitely changed my mind about it.  I kinda wish that this would have been in the Fall box and the scarf from the Fall box been in the Winter box since this poncho would have been the perfect weight to wear as a top layer in the fall.  I also paired this with the belt from the Fall box that I traded for because it looks really cute with it.  This poncho was the first of the select items and came in black, grey, or mulberry.


DOUCCE Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette in Nude (retail value:  $70.00)




To be honest, I’ve been using the same single eyeshadow color and eyeshadow palette since high school/college so getting new palettes in boxes isn’t exactly one of my favorite things to get in subscription boxes.  The color combination in this palette definitely has some of my favorite colors; however, the pigmentation isn’t the best on the eye but that might just be my ineptness with makeup.  I do really like the highlighter in the palette because it gives my face a beautiful glow.  And I like that the palette has removable magnetic shadows so I can switch up the palette as I please.  Select members could also pick between the nude shades and smokey shades.


8 OTHER REASONS Nine Lives Choker in Rose Gold (retail value:  $58.00)



Delicate necklaces are my favorite pieces of jewelry so receiving another one in this box was awesome.  I really like the layered effect of this necklace and the fact it’s rose gold, which is a color I don’t have in a necklace.  Select members could choose silver or rose gold, but the rose gold really spoke to me.  It can also be worn as a choker or a little longer as a short necklace, which is great so it doesn’t have to look the same every time you wear it.


Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (retail value:  $75.00)


In addition to a wrap/poncho/scarf thing and jewelry, another statement in FabFitFun boxes lately has been exfoliators.  However, I like this one way more than the other ones I’ve received in previous boxes.  It doesn’t feel abrasive but left my skin feeling softer and clean.  It has an interesting cinnamon-like smell, but it’s not too overpowering at all.  I enjoyed using it and will definitely be continuing to use it.


Grace & Stella Anti-Wrinkle Energizing Eye Masks (retail value:  $16.00)



This season, members could choose a beauty boost for their Winter Box; either the eye masks or the Nelson j Beverly Hills Moisture Hair Mask (retail value:  $23.00).  I absolutely love masks and have really bad under-eyes so I picked the eye masks.  And let me tell you, I am so glad I made that decision.  These babies are amazing.  They’re light, refreshing, and cooling.  It says to keep them on for 15 to 20 minutes or as long as you want and I definitely keep them on for at least 30 minutes because they were that good.  I’m going to be using these religiously and likely will purchase more of them.


FFFTV Fitness Ball (retail value:  $16.00)



For the wellness choice option, members could choose between a fitness ball or This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (retail value: $29.00).  I do Barre as my typical workout so when I had the opportunity to get another barre ball I jumped at the chance.  Now I can leave one at home and have one in my apartment.  It also comes with a discount code for Jillian Michaels videos but I probably won’t use that since they’re still expensive.  FFFTV also has videos on their website that utilize a fitness ball so that’s a great alternative to paying extra for more videos.


Pointe Studio Aloe Infused Cozy Socks (retail value:  $12.50)


Fuzzy socks are probably one of my things ever so this was probably my favorite thing in the box.  These are super soft and comfy.  They are infused with aloe which is great for your feet and also warm for these freezing cold winter nights that have been plaguing where I live lately.  I received the black, grey, and white pair which match my Christmas Eve pjs perfectly, but the other color variations were pink and blue.


Homemade by Ayesha Curry Ceramic Mug (retail value:  $16.00)


I love drinking tea (not coffee or hot chocolate) in the winter to warm me up.  This mug is actually pretty large and really cute.  Ayesha Curry is adorable and she provided a bunch of winter recipes in the FFF magazine to try out in this new mug for winter.  I love the sayings, but I kinda wish I would have gotten the mug that said “I’d rather be in bed” because that’s so me.


AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream (retail value:  $33.00)



Basically my whole body gets so dry during the winter it’s not even funny so I was really glad that FFF included a hand cream in the winter box.  My mom and I really enjoyed using this hand cream so much that I ended up letting her keep it.  It’s infused with dead sea water, which is supposed to be more moisturizing and it definitely works.  It kinda has a baby cream smell, but it isn’t too annoying that I wouldn’t use it.  Definitely recommend this if you have really dry skin.


Total Retail Value:  $373.00 (depends on choice items)


I also picked up some add-ons this season.  I purchased thank you cards from the Winter 2016 box that I have wanted for the past few seasons and were a really good deal this add-on season.  I love Kate Spade and there was an adorable notebook that I had to pick up from the sale.  FFF also tried out sponsored items this season that you could receive if you spent a certain amount of money in the sale, and they were a great deal.


Honestly, I feel like the FFF product curators literally took my favorite things and put them in the Winter box.  I think this is my favorite box as a whole I’ve received to date.  What was your favorite item this season?  Remember, you can use this link here to get $10 off your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top