FabFitFun Summer 2019 Box

/


Summer — The season between spring and autumn comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of June, July, and August or as reckoned astronomically extending from the June solstice to the September equinox.
-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary

I’m back!  Did you miss me?  I was totally swamped with the end of law school and the bar exam so I didn’t have time for blogging.  I did receive my summer FabFitFun box that I enjoyed during the past few months so I have a pretty good review on all of the products in the summer box.  And you’re probably also wondering where my review of the spring box was but I ended up not doing a review because I wasn’t too thrilled about the box and my classes kinda took over.

If you haven’t heard anything about FabFitFun, it’s a quarterly subscription box that has between 8-10 full size products in each box for only $49.99 a quarter.  And even better, if you read until the end, I have a code for you to use to get $10 off a box!

Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream & Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel (retail value:  $45.00)

The Bum Bum cream is a FabFitFun add-on staple that everyone loves so as soon as I saw it was a customization option, I knew I had to pick it.  The duo includes the normal hand cream and the shower gel.  Both are in the signature bum bum scent, which is kinda nutty with a hint of sweetness that makes for a yummy smelling lotion.  The lotion really helps to hydrate areas of dry skin and make your skin a little more smooth.  It’s an expensive body cream but I really enjoy the scent and one container goes a long way. The other choice options for this selection were the Sutra Professional Marble Mini Travel Blow Dryer (retail value:  $60.00), the Vix Paula Hermany Lotus Towel (retail value:  $50.00), or the Spiritual Gangster Robe Jacket (retail value:  $60.00).

Summer & Rose Navy Diamond Tote (retail value:  $50.00)

All subscribers had the option of choosing between this tote, the West Elm Indigo Tie Dye Bowls (set of 3 – retail value:  $39.00), the 111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Masks (set of 5 – retail value:  $160.00), or the XO, Sienna Black Felt Letter Board (retail value:  $35.00).  I actually ended up adding on the West Elm bowls as well because I’m a sucker for anything West Elm.  My parents and I go on vacation every summer (vacation recap coming soon!) so I need a good beach/pool bag to carry all of the necessities to and from our hotel room.  I picked this tote because I love anything navy and the pattern was super beachy to me.  I was a little hesitant because I’ve heard some not so great reviews on the quality of some of the in-house FFF brands, but this bag is really good quality and holds all of the necessities for a day at the beach or the pool.  I also saw someone else had this bag when I was on vacation!


Odeme What a Pair Set of 2 Silicone Wine Glasses (retail value:  $25.00)

The next choice option contained these wine glasses, the Jennifer Zeuner Double Necklace (retail value:  $50.00), or the Burn 60 Resistance Bands (retail value:  $34.00).  I chose the wine glasses because I love me some good rosé and there’s always an occasion where glass wine glasses aren’t appropriate or could be broken easily.  My mom and I tried these out in my hotel room at the bar exam so I have not just my review for these.  These glasses are made of silicone but don’t have a weird silicone taste when you drink out of them.  Holding them can cause them to get a little squished but it isn’t that awkward to drink out of them.  I also love the millennial pink color and the bag to carry them in.

Mystery Item – Skin & Co. Truffle Therapy Cleansing Oil (retail value:  $32.00)

The first annual subscriber choice was between a mystery item, the Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream (retail value:  $28.00), and the Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner (retail value:  $22.00).  I chose the mystery item because I wasn’t a huge fan of either of the other options and wanted some surprise in my box since I got to choose half of what was in my box.  This is a nice cleansing oil that takes off makeup pretty well and doesn’t have a weird smell even though you might think so from the truffle ingredients.  It also makes your skin feel pretty clean after use.

Coola Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray (retail value:  $36.00)

This was probably my favorite product in the summer box, and I’m close to having to buy another one because I use it all the time.  I don’t wear a ton of makeup on the regular, but SPF is an essential since I’m pretty pale to begin with.  I love this sunscreen spray as it doesn’t have a strong sunscreen spray and also protects your skin and makeup really well.  If you’re looking for a good setting spray with some SPF to save your skin, definitely check this out! (and Coola is included in Ulta’s coupons so yay for saving money!).  Annual subscribers had the option to pick between this setting spray, the Doctor Rogers Restore Healing Balm (retail value:  $30.00), and the Intelligent Nutrients Refining Micro Polish (retail value:  $57.00).

Invisibobble® Original Duo Pack (retail value:  $16.00)

I bought a set of Invisibobbles in the Winter Add-Ons after hearing about them for so long and I fell in love with the power versions that are a little stronger than the normal Invisibobbles.  That made me pretty excited when I saw that these were included in the summer box, but I wish FFF would have included a half and half pack that included some of the Power ones.  The Power Invisibobbles hold hair a little tighter than the normal ones.  I like that the pack included clear and tan versions for more neutral colors.  Overall, this is a great inclusion for summer since hot weather is the perfect ponytail and messy bun time.

Generation Clay™ Ultra Violet Brightening Purple Clay Mask (retail value:  $39.00)

A purple mask?  Yes please.  When you put this on your skin, it is a purple color but then turns more grey as the mask dries on your skin.  It didn’t get tight on the skin like many tube masks do but made my skin feel really soft after use.  I didn’t notice that the mask really made my skin any brighter but definitely made it more soft and cleaner feeling.

Grace and Stella Rose Facial Spray (retail value:  $25.95)
 
I love a good facial mist to help hydrate my skin, but I’m not the biggest fan of rose scented things.  However, this spray is a really nice facial mist and doesn’t have an overwhelming rose scent.  It only smells like rose when you first spray it but quickly dissipates while leaving your face feeling refreshed.  My only complaint is that FabFitFun included this in every box, which is a bit redundant since the Coola setting spray was a choice option for a separate product.

Whish Exfoliating Foot Mask (retail value:  $32.00)

This was a dark horse item for me in this box.  I always love a good product to soften my feet especially during the summer after wearing flip flops for months on end.  Unlike a lotion, this mask is a little runny, and the directions encourage you to wear socks after putting this on to lock in the moisture.  I did find that my feet felt softer after using this a couple times.  The smell is also really nice and not too overpowering.

Summer Add-Ons (extra cost – at a discount)

Total Retail Value:  $300.95

Overall, I did like this summer box and found that the items were definitely things that I could see being a staple in the summer.  Each box also comes with a magazine summarizing the different product variations in the box and some seasonal articles to get you in the mood for each season.  If you’re interested in trying out FabFitFun, you can use this link to get $10 off your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top