End of the Year Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


Happy End of 2019!  I wanted to combine my obsessions of October, November, and December into a post looking back at my 2019 so I hope I can provide some great recommendations for you to look at in the new year of 2020!

1.  American Royals by Katharine McGee.  My obsession with royal families started at the young age of three with Princess Diana and has continued since then (Grace Kelly, Meghan Markle, etc.).  That made this book appeal to me as soon as I read the description.  It focuses on the modern-day royal Washington family in an imagined world where George Washington became the king of America instead of its president.  The book is directed towards young adults, and I found it to be in a similar vein as The Royals on E.  I loved how the book followed the three children of the current king and developed a storyline for each of them (forbidden love, expectations of the future queen, and two girls fighting for the love of a prince).  It’s a light read that didn’t take me long to get through and I really enjoyed it.

2.  Goodie Girl Magical Animal Crackers.  I’ve already posted about how much Ii love Goodie Girl cookies in one of my prior Monthly Obsessions because some gluten free cookies are not okay.  I found these animal crackers at my local grocery store, and they are my absolute favorite!  They are a thinner animal cracker but are so yummy.  They pair well with tea as more of a breakfast item or some milk as a late night treat.  Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the Goodie Girl cookies.

3.  The Idea of You by Robinne Lee.  Much like American Royals, this book was another that I had to read as soon as I read the summary.  While this isn’t a super new book, I think the whole book still seems pretty current.  It focuses on a forty-something mom who starts up a relationship with a young boybander (probably inspired by any of the One Direction guys) she meets at a meet and greet with her daughter.  The book follows the two during the duration of their relationship and seemed very on par as to what would happen if the plot was real.  I felt a little let down by how abrupt the ending seemed but overall I would totally recommend this book.

4.  Athleta Conscious Crop.  This longer bodied sports bra is another clothing piece that I loved so much I had to buy two of them.  The Conscious Crop pairs beautifully with Athleta’s high-waisted leggings and only shows a little bit of skin between the two.  I found that it runs a little smaller than their normal sports bras, mainly because it’s more of a top than just a normal sports bra.  I bought it in olive green and navy, both of which match the colors of my older Athleta leggings.  That’s one thing I love about Athleta, they usually come out with the same colors every year so you don’t have to worry about pieces matching from year to year.

5.  KitchenAid® Limited Edition Heritage Artisan Model K 5-Qt Stand Mixer with Ceramic Hobnail Bowl.  I have wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer for the longest time because I love my mom’s.  For years, I was set on the mixer color I would eventually get, but then KitchenAid released its 100 anniversary appliances and everything changed.  This Williams Sonoma exclusive is in a beautiful matte light blue with a hobnail white ceramic bowl.  Not only is this mixer a necessity for any home cook, but it makes a beautiful décor piece in the kitchen.  I’m honestly so happy that I bought it as a bar passage gift to myself, but also that I got gift cards from Ibotta to help pay for it!



6.  Lover by Taylor Swift.  TSwift has redeemed herself!  I was not the biggest fan of reputation (I know, I know, I’m probably the only person who says that), it’s the only album of hers I didn’t buy right when it came out.  Lover was a completely different story.  I love every song on the album, but especially “Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince,” “The Man,” and “I Think He Knows.”  But tbh, they’re all bops and TSwift killed this album.  I’ve definitely had this on repeat since it came out in August.

7.  2019.  Wow, 2019 has probably been the craziest, most satisfying year of my life.  It started out with me being sick (which is pretty usual for winter) taking on one of the busiest semesters I’ve had during all of my schooling.  I graduated law school, which you can read all about in this post!  My summer focused mostly on bar exam prep, with a little break to see Legally Blonde the Musical for my 25th birthday (which was all sorts of amazing, but a tad different from the OG Broadway version).  I took the PA bar exam at the end of July and then the waiting game started.  To wait out my results, I helped coach my high school’s field hockey team (which was the first time I’ve truly played since I had to stop due to school and concussions in college).  And then in October, I found out the news I had been dreaming about since I was in the eighth grade:  I passed the PA Bar Exam and got officially sworn in a few days later.  Finally, to finish out this wonderfully insane year, I accepted a job offer to be a judicial clerk starting in January.  Overall, the best year of my life professionally and I can’t wait to see what 2020 has in store!

I hope you have had a wonderful 2019 (and 2010s decade) and I’m sending you all of the best wishes for a happy, healthy, and awesome 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top