June Obsessions

/


Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


To detract from the all-consuming nature of everything law school, I thought I would start creating a favorites list for the month, including pretty much anything I think is awesome enough to tell you guys to try.  Since June is my first official month of summer, it seemed like a good time to start!  So here are my five favorite things for the month of June!

1.  Food Network Star.  True life:  I am absolutely obsessed with Food Network and I have been for the longest time.  So it should come as no surprise that I love the show where they pick the newest stars of Food Network.  The newest season started in the middle of June so it’s roughly four weeks in at this point.  Every time the contestants get a new challenge, I’m always trying to figure out what I would make if I were on the show.  So far, I’ve been rooting for Amy (she’s a food blogger and you can check out her blog here).  I always love seeing the tv how pitches at the end and which on actually becomes a show!

2.  My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella.  If you haven’t read any of Sophie Kinsella’s books, you totally should.  They’re funny, relatable, and always have a cute love story meshing perfectly with the main storyline.  Her newest book is about a twenty-something who moved away from home to follow her dream (I think a lot of us can appreciate that) and tries to give off the image that her new “dream” life is perfect.  That plan is foiled when her boss fires her and she has to crawl home to pick up the pieces.  I won’t tell you more than that, but trust me, it’s a good one.  No shame, I finished it in less than 24 hours.

3.  Disney Tsum Tsum App.  I am a HUGE Disney fan, but the one thing I don’t really like are Tsum Tsums.  I just think they’re dumb.  But when I saw the girls on Eleventh Gorgeous playing this game, I thought I’d give it a try and now I’m addicted.  It reminds me of an old American Girl online game I used to play (comment below if you were as big of an AG fan as I was) where you swipe to collect similar tsums and it is so much fun.

4.  Starbucks Mango Pineapple Crème Frappuccino.  Starbucks raised the bar pretty high with their summer drinks last year, so I thought I’d give the new Frappuccino a try this past weekend.  I got the Mango Pineapple version, but there’s also a Berry Prickly Pear version.  It has the traditional Frappuccino base with a hint of mango syrup and a pineapple and mango puree on top.  I thought it was pretty yummy, but last year’s frozen drinks still are my favorite.  Good news:  a grande only has 260 calories.  Bad news:  a grande cost over $5 and can be a little too sweet if you’re drinking it yourself.  Definitely a good drink to share!

5.  Store Birthday Perks.  June has always ushered in the start of summer for me and it also happens to be my birthday month!  Starting the first of this month, I’ve been raking in the store birthday gifts.  The best gifts I’ve gotten are a tie between Sephora and Gertrude Hawk.  Sephora gave me a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in two exclusive birthday themed colors, and they are amazing!  Gertrude Hawk’s gift included three different chocolate bars and a chocolate covered pretzel (which I gave to my parents since I can’t have gluten).  I’m all about free makeup and free chocolate so these were the perfect gifts for me.  Other great birthday perks I received included:  2x points and a free deluxe mascara at Ulta, coupons for money off an entrée at local restaurants, a free popcorn at the local movie theater, and a free (well, except for shipping) exfoliating sponge from Spongellé. 


Those were my obsessions for the month of June!  What are you crushing on this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top