July Obsessions

/


Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”

-Oxford’s English Dictionary





And just like that, it's time for another Obsessions post about what I loved during July.  If you didn't guess already, a lot of my favorite things this month revolve around Disney World since that was where I was vacationing this month!


1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 70.  I got this as part of my birthday present from my parents.  I had a Spice Girls Polaroid camera I used at my 9th birthday party and a Polaroid iZone when I was about 6 or 7.  Now that instant cameras are coming back in style, I really wanted a new one that wasn't as bulky as my old ones.  I debated between an Instax Mini 9 and the Mini 70, but I ended up getting the 70 because it's a little smaller than the 9 and came in a bundle at Costco with film for $10 more than the 9.  I took it on vacation to Disney with me, and it was so much fun playing around with it.  The pictures are on the smaller side, but give a vintage look to your photos.

2.  Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell.  I didn't read as many books as I normally do on vacation this year, but I did finish Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay.  I've read quite a few of Jill Mansell’s books, and they're nice light reads.  This one focused on two sisters and the drama surrounding their relationship with each other and others around them.  It's a good vacation book as it's not too dense, but also has a good storyline to it.  If you want to check out what I read, you can follow me on GoodReads here!

3.  Aloha Ears Designs.  No trip to Disney World is complete without a pair of Minnie (or Mickey) ears!  I wanted a new pair of ears since my other pair are ones that you can get in the parks and I wanted to be a little different.  I purchased a pair from Aloha Ears and was not disappointed.  My ears are super cute (purple 3D ears with a rose gold sequin bow) and very durable.  The best part is that they're super comfortable to wear in the parks.  Check them out here!

4.  Starbucks Iced Tea Infusions.  If you can’t tell by my obsessions from last month and this month, I'm super obsessed with Starbucks.  I'm not a coffee drinker so I'm very familiar with all of their other drinks.  They just released new Iced Tea Infusions, which are similar to their regular iced teas but have a different fruit syrup they use.  The syrup flavor in these isn't as strong as their regular syrups, but it gives the tea a nice light flavoring that is super refreshing.  I've tried both the pineapple and strawberry flavors and I like both and can't wait to taste the peach citrus one.

5.  Dole Whip.  As I mentioned previously, I'm ashamed to say that before my most recent trip to Disney World this summer I had never had a Dole Whip before.  That was one of my must dos this trip, and I loved it!  My dad loved them so much that he even ate two in one day.  My goal now that my vacation is over is to find an awesome copycat recipe so I can enjoy Dole Whips without being in the parks.  I’ve found one here that I want to try and I’ll let you know how it turns out!

Those were my obsessions for the month of July!  What are you crushing on this month?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top