FabFitFun Fall 2017

/

Autumn — “The season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice.
-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary





When fall break happened, I took that very seriously in both my schoolwork and my blog by taking a small break from being on top of my reading and my blog posts.  However, I’m back and it’s one of my favorite posts to write about!


Once October starts, I always feel like fall has officially started, especially once it gets a little cooler, which it has where I live.  If you haven’t heard about FabFitFun before, it’s a quarterly subscription box that comes with about 7-10 full size items, all for $49.99 a quarter, but if you click this link, you’ll get $10 off your first box!  And trust me, it’s a great deal.  To see the types of items you can get in the box, check out my prior unboxings.  So, without further ado, here’s my review of the Fall 2017 FabFitFun box!

Mer-Sea & Co. Scarf in Blush (retail value:  $98.00)





A staple in FabFitFun boxes happens to be a scarf/sarong/blanket.  However, I’m not really upset about this one because I really like it.  Select members (members who paid for a year upfront) got to choose the color of this scarf.  I personally picked the blush ombre because I think it will go nicely with my winter jacket and coat.  There’s a lot of ways to wear this scarf, as a wrap, an infinity scarf, a regular scarf, etc.  Also, FFF gave the idea of using this as a bedrunner if it doesn’t get very cold where you live.  It’s super soft, but it does shed, which is pretty normal for a lot of fuzzy scarves.  I definitely liked this as a fall item.

Tréstique Matte Color & Shiny Balm Lip Crayon in Florence Fig & Rose Balm (retail value:  $28.00)




Makeup is another staple in FFF boxes, and some of the other makeup items have been kinda a miss for me.  However, I really really like this one.  Select members were able to choose between either Florence Fig and Rose Balm or Tuscan Wine and Syrah Balm.  As you can see, I chose the former.  The matte color isn’t as red as it looks in the picture and is a great color for my skin tone.  It feels great on and stays for a long time (I wore it to a wedding and it lasted almost the whole time!).  The balm is a pretty pinkish hue and smells like cocoa powder, which I love.  I love that this is two products in one so you don’t have to carry around both a lip balm and a lip crayon and it’s lovely.


Private Party Gym Party (retail value:  $59.00)




After a few seasons without an actual fitness related item, FFF chose a gym bag to be the last select item this season.  There were three different sayings on the bags, and I chose the one that said “Meet Me at the Barre.”  I thought it was a cute play on words, and Barre3 is my go to workout so I had to get this one.  It’s a nice denim material.  Initially, I wanted to use this as a way to carry my yoga mat back and forth between my apartment and home, but unfortunately it wasn’t big enough.  I really don’t go to the gym since I do Barre3 online; however, this is the perfect bag to carry stuff between my apartment and my house.

The JetSet Diaries Cable KnitBeanie in Black (retail value:  $49.00)




FabFitFun gave its members the choice of picking between two different fashion boosts: a knit beanie or the B-lowthe Belt Mia Belt (retail value:  $55.00).  I chose the beanie because belt was a little thick for me; however, I didn’t get to pick the color of the beanie.  I can definitely seeing myself wearing this beanie as the weather gets colder with my different winter jackets and scarves.  The beanie is soft and slouchy which gives the perfect carefree look for the end of fall and beginning of winter.

dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse (retail value:  $35.00)




This season, members could choose a beauty boost for their Fall Box; either the Hair Rinse or the MolrDental Club Charcoal Tooth Whitening Powder (retail value:  $43.95).  I personally chose the apple cider hair rinse because I was a little hesitant about using something abrasive on my teeth.  But I’m actually pleasantly surprised by this hair rinse.  When I first put it in my hair, I didn’t rinse all of it out of my hair so my hair felt a little gross, but rinsing it out made it feel better.  However, I didn’t notice the actual effects of the rinse until after I washed my hair the next time.  My hair didn’t get greasy as quickly as it usually does, and I didn’t really have to use dry shampoo on second day hair.  I’ll definitely be using this every couple weeks or every month to clean my hair of the gunk in it!





After receiving a bunch of different jewelry items in the past three boxes I’ve received, I started getting tired of receiving yet another piece of jewelry in a box.  It seems that FabFitFun also thought the same thing.  In lieu of an actual piece of jewelry, they included a jewelry holder, which can double as a décor piece as well.  I really like the rose gold and the ceramic as it goes very well with the aesthetic of my apartment.

Deco Miami Lavender Cuticle Oil (retail value:  $12.50)




I’ve been using this on my nails multiple times since I got my fall box and really like it.  It seems like lavender, but the smell isn’t overwhelming.  My cuticles feel really soft now that I’ve been using it.  I’ll definitely continue using this product until I run out.  I’d really like to try out their nail polishes since I like this product and the products are pretty reasonably priced.  I also love how cute the bottle is and how the creator specifically designed the bottles to be displayed.

Whish Beauty Renewing Mud Mask (retail value:  $48.00)

I’ve been loving facial masks thanks to FabFitFun, and then included another one in this box.  Typically, mud masks are thick, but this one applies in a thin layer on the skin.  It was really easy to take it off the skin (I used these ecotools mask removers) and made my skin feel soft and refreshed.  I really liked this mask and it has a nice scent.  I’ll probably switch between using this mud mask and sheet masks to keep my skin refreshed, hydrated, and exfoliated.

MyTagalongs Hot & Cold GelPack in Berry (retail value:  $15.00)

Having a heating pad/cold pack is an essential I feel like everyone should have when they go to college or get their first apartment, in the event of a minor injury or an achy back.  I really like the dual nature of this pack to minimize the amount of stuff in your apartment.  The sayings on the packs are super cute and a major throwback of song lyrics.  This pack will come in handy all the time for me!

Cottonelle®FreshCare® Flushable Cleansing Cloths (retail value:  sponsored item)


Sponsored items don’t count towards the value of the box, but sometimes, they’re just as exciting as the actual box items.  This item is more practical than fun, but it’s a nice essential to have.  I used them already and I can attest they work (I don’t think I need to say more than that).  FabFitFun also donated part of the box proceeds to Unicef this season so they included a little card about their mission.


Total Retail Value:  $377.50 (depends on choice items)



I also picked up some add-ons this season.  I absolutely loved the dry shampoo from last season, and it’s way cheaper than at Ulta so I picked one up.  Lately fluorescent lights have bothered my eyes so I also purchased a pair of blue light glasses, which have been helping a lot during class and when I’m on my computer for hours on end.  I debated getting a trigger point ball last season but I finally purchased it this season.  It’s nice to use when I get lower back pain or my feet hurt.

That’s what was in my fall FabFitFun box!  This was definitely a great box!  I really liked the assortment of items, and the items were generally all winners for me.  What was your favorite item this season?  Remember, you can use this link here to get $10 off your first box

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top