FabFitFun Spring 2018 Box

/

Spring — “The season between winter and summer comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of March, April, and May or as reckoned astronomically extending from the March equinox to the June solstice.
-Merriam Webster’s Dictionary
 

As it now finally feels like spring where I live, I thought I’d give you my thoughts on the Spring 2018 FabFitFun box.  Right now, this box is currently sold out, but the Post-Spring Editor’s Box is available, which has a lot of amazing goodies in it!  If you haven’t heard about FabFitFun before, it’s a quarterly subscription box that comes with about 7-10 full size items, all for $49.99 a quarter, but if you click this link, you’ll get $10 off your first box!  And trust me, it’s a great deal.  To see the types of items you can get in the box, check out my prior unboxings.  So, without further ado, here’s my review of the Spring 2018 FabFitFun box!

Rachel Pally Clutch in Zahara (retail value:  $60.00)



This was one of the first spoilers for the Spring box, and I was so excited about it when it got released.  If you’ve read my past reviews of FabFitFun boxes, then you know that I’ve been iffy about the main fashion item in the boxes since every single box last year had some blanket, wrap, scarf type item in it.  Including a clutch in the spring box was a perfect decision.  Annual members could choose the color of the clutch, and I went with this bright orange/yellow color/pattern.  I don’t really wear a lot of clothes in these colors, but it caught my attention because it was so bright and vibrant.  I think it’ll go nicely with darker colors like navy and black and just act as a pop of color.

Anderson Lilley Sunset Collection Candle in Fresh Linen (retail value:  $45.00)


I absolutely love candles.  I love the aesthetics of candle jars and the smell, of course.  This candle is super trendy with its copper container.  Annual members could pick between three different scents, and I personally choose the fresh linen scent because I love fresh scents.  But let me tell you, picking out a candle scent when you can’t smell them in person.  At first, I didn’t really enjoy the smell of Fresh Linen, but after I took it out of the box and set it on my end table, it really started to grow on me. 

Korres Guava Body Butter (retail value:  $24.00)


Instead of choosing the KNC Beauty Lip Masks (retail value:  $24.99), I chose body butter because I can always use a lotion or body butter to help soothe my dry skin.  I really like the scent of this; it’s quite light and fruity, which is a great scent for the spring to summer season.  It makes my skin soft and not too greasy, making the perfect lotion.

Maya Brenner Designs Love Bracelet in White (retail value:  $65.00)


While I typically don’t wear a lot of bracelets, I picked this over the Ekkita Day Dreamer Tassel Earrings (retail value:  $58.00).  My ears are pretty tender so I don’t like wearing earrings that aren’t good quality.  I love the daintiness of this bracelet as it goes perfectly with my watch.  The only negative is that it’s a little difficult to fasten the clasp by yourself.  However, threading a paper clip into the eye makes it easier to hold onto the bracelet and fasten it.  This is definitely one of my favorite pieces of FabFitFun jewelry.

ISH Lip Statement Palette (retail value:  $42.00)

 

I typically use Burt’s Bees lip balm and only like two other lip colors so I don’t know if I’ll use this all the time.  The lip colors are very pigmented, but some of them don’t flatter my skin tone.  There is a lip balm that I’ll definitely use a lot.  One of the downsides of this is the size of the palette as it isn’t that easy to carry along with you.

Free People X Understated Leather Starry Eyed Travel Eye Mask in Mint (retail value:  $40.00)


Naps are one of my favorite things, and having 8 am classes definitely give me my share of naps during the week.  This eye mask blocks light so well that you’ll think it’s nighttime during the brightest times of the day.  The adjustable strap keeps the mask securely on my face and doesn’t fall off easily.  I also love that it comes with a cooling pack that slips into a slot on the eye mask.

Physique57 Massage Roller in Purple (retail value:  $20.00)


Due to my infrequent workout schedule, the first workout in a while makes my muscles feel tight, and this is perfect for working out those kinks.  I always used to use massage rollers when I was playing college athletics.  I really enjoy using this particular roller because it has two circle rollers, which perfectly align with the muscles on the side of my spine so it’s great when my back muscles are tight.  Also, this roller comes with two free months of barre through Physique57.

Dermelect Cosmeceuticals Makeover Concealing Ridge Filler (retail value:  $18.00)


I love having nail polish on my nails, but I hate once my nail polish starts chipping.  This is actually a nail ridge filler, but it has the slightest hint of color and shine to it.  With a few coats, it gets a little opaque and looks wonderful on the nails.  It works as a base coat as well as a color itself.

Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion (retail value:  $40.00)


This is honestly my least favorite thing in this box.  I don’t really like using lotion on my face as I prefer water based moisturizers.  Additionally, this product has some wheat ingredients, which is something I try to keep out of my diet and my skin products.  From the one time I did use this product, I thought it did make my skin a bit more moisturized and softer.  So if you’re okay with the wheat ingredients, then I’d definitely recommend it.

Dove Exfoliating Body Polish (sponsored item)


Dove is my go-to for my body cleansing products.  I’ve been using Dove soap for a long time, so when I heard about this new product, I definitely wanted to try it.  It’s a little like a regular facial skin exfoliator, but one specifically designed for your body.  Which means it feels a little more rough than a facial exfoliator.  I liked the smell of it, and it did make my skin feel a little softer.  However, I don’t really use things like this, but if it’s on a good sale, I might consider getting it.

Total Retail Value:  $354.00 (depends on choice items)

I stocked up on some of my favorite items from past boxes in add-ons this season.  I have loved Klorane dry shampoo since I started using it last summer and the Grace and Stella eye masks from the winter box.  So naturally I had to pick some up so I don’t run out.


This was a solid spring box. To me, the winter box still tops it, but I think it had a great mix of items that are on trend and useful.  What was your favorite item this season?  Remember, you can use this link here to get $10 off your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top