March Obsessions

/

Obsession — An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.”
-Oxford’s English Dictionary


March was a whirlwind of a month between spring break, snow days, and Easter break.  I spent a lot of time watching Netflix and movies, if you can’t tell by the scope of my obsessions.

1.  Daddy’s Home 2.  Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are ridiculously funny.  I loved the first Daddy’s Home movie, and couldn’t wait to see the sequel when I heard it was coming out.  But going to the movies is expensive so I waited until Redbox had it.  It definitely lived up to the level of the first and didn’t fall prey to the sequel failure that normally happens.  Family + Christmas = so many shenanigans.  Basically the whole cast was amazing, and this is a great family movie even not during the Christmas season.

2.  Secret Freshies Cool Waterlily.  If you’ve read my “What’s in My Bag? Law School” post, then you know that I carry a deodorant in my backpack when I got to school.  I recently needed to get a new one and I thought I would try this out after hearing about it from Influenster.  I like this better than a regular miniature deodorant because it’s like a slightly larger EOS container and has amazing scents.

3.  Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe Podcast.  I really haven’t gotten into listening to podcasts like everyone else.  But I absolutely love Kaitlyn from her time on the Bachelor/Bachelorette so when she released her own podcast, I thought I’d give it a listen.  If you love anything the Bachelor, you’ll love her podcast because she has a ton of guests related to the Bachelor franchise and she’s hilarious.  It’s a great listen if you want something lighter than serial killer podcasts and funny too.

4.  Better with You by Jesse McCartney.  My inner 10 year old self is freaking out right now.  I absolutely loved Jesse McCartney when he was in his Beautiful Soul era, I listened to his CD so much that the bottom was scratched and it skipped during my favorite song.  But he recently released a new song and it’s amazing!  It definitely has some mid 2000s vibe so it’s completely different than the other popular music out right now, but it’s beautiful.  Definitely watch the music video the first time you listen to it because the video is just as perfect as the song.  It’s definitely going to be on repeat for me for the longest time.

5.  Santa Clarita Diet.  Okay so I started watching this show because I kept seeing advertisements for it on Instagram.  If you don’t know what the premise of the show is, it’s about a real estate agent/suburban mom who randomly turns into a zombie.  It’s a horror comedy on Netflix, and I wasn’t sure if I liked it at first.  I definitely think you’ll like it if you’re a fan of a Scream Queens or similar show.  It has a dry humor to it and is a little gory but you can definitely tell it’s a fake gore.  I watched the first season in only a few days and am looking forward to bingeing the second season.

You might notice that one tv show relevant to the whole purpose of my blog is absent from my list.  That’s right, For the People.  If you’re like me, you probably can’t stand when people get things wrong about the law, and this show will likely bother you.  The premise is interesting because not a lot of shows show lawyers in their earlier years.  So many of the things this show attempts to normalize about lawyers are just not real and are bothersome to me.  But I’ll probably continue watching because Shonda is the queen of tv shows.  Have you started watching it?  If so, what are your thoughts about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Blondegalese is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Back to Top